If you're anything like me then you love a good checklist. Checklists bring calm to the complexities of our everyday lives by providing an organized way to minimize the number of "things" we need to keep up with. With checklists we can take the weight of a hundred things and simplify it into 10 manageable lists and suddenly we're all champs of the day. We all like feeling like a champ and here's our champ-worthy checklist for an age-old favorite that ranks at the top of our Favorite Things to Do List... A Fall Day Hike
1. Olympia Backpacks are in stock - choose your style and color
2. Good shoes with a grippy bottom. I love my Asics Trail Running shoes.
3. Water Bottle - we prefer reusable bottles with a clip
4. A Basic First Aid Kit is important because rocks and sticks happen
5. A Flashlight or Headlamp is good to have in case the sun sets or you find a cave to explore
6. An Emergency Blanket if you're expecting temperature changes, the sun to set, or you're exploring a new area
7. A Compass is also good if you're planning to explore on your own - we love these All-In-One Paracord Bracelets with a built in compass
8. A Portable Hammock is a great way to make a day of it and enjoy your new found vista for the afternoon
9. We always pack snacks and, for longer hikes, a lunch or dinner
10. Sunscreen and Insect Repellent are still important in the Fall - not just summer items
11. A Rugged Nation Hat (or your favorite hat) is a great way to keep your face out of the sun
And just like that, you're ready for your Fall Day Hike. Some people also like to use Walking Sticks and we have a a few choices available on our website. There are a plethoria of gadgets that you can bring along to keep things interesting - like tracking your steps or locating your spot on Earth, but the most important thing is that you get outside and enjoy the day in a simple way while the leaves are changing and the air is crisp and you can take a break from your other checklists for a few hours. Enjoy and please post to let us know where you went, post some pics and let us know how you liked it!